Monday, December 04, 2006

Let it Snow!


Let me just begin this weather blog by stating that I HATE SNOW.
Snow, snow, snow. Everywhere we look there is only snow, and if we aren’t careful we find ice underneath the snow.


Now, with that out, it all began Wednesday. Yes Wednesday. That’s the day we had our first Weather Meeting. I was given the task of calling the church at the bottom of the hill for permission to park in case the mountain is iced over and looks like Mount Crumpit. I was also asked to do my normal task of ordering dinner for the evening. Thanks to Rib Crib, all were fed well. We also enabled a new school closing reporting system this year. I was placed on stand-by (and later told definitely) to come in at 4:30am.

So I get up around 3am, and to my surprise it takes 30minutes to get the inch of ice off my car! Needless to say I made it to work around 4:30 and ended up spending the night. I didn’t get home until 9:30ish Friday morning.

Of course I had to re-dig out my car at the station. You see I was there for the whole 2nd phase of the storm that dumped an official 10" of snow in the Tulsa area.

It was nice having the love from my puppies. They (at least Toby) were sure that I had abandoned them for good this time. Then I forced them to go out in that terribly cold white stuff. Toby finally figured out to just tunnel his way thru the stuff and the tree would be there at the end of the journey. Millie was more than happy to let Toby lead. And of course they drug mommie everywhere they went.
Of course I have pictures. My car after spending the night on Lookout Mountain during the 2nd phase of the storm; pictures of Toby and Millie, and a picture I found on CNN.com.
This is a baby llama that allegedly got in the way of every picture the photographer framed.
Stay inside, stay cool, and most of all – drive for the weather, not the speed limit!

No comments: