Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Isn't So Bad, Maybe


So, maybe, just maybe my heart has grown a few sizes. I actually like Christmas this year. Oh, not all the bs of who gets what and that crap, but Christmas in general isn’t depressing me.
I’ve been looking for a tree to put up in my humble apt and decided that I didn’t want to pay $60 for a tree that is only used for one month a year. Then Laura called and said they had come across the tree that she had at her apt years ago. She asked if I wanted it, and well, I said yes.
Patty came up yesterday and we went Christmas shopping. I bought decorations and you see the tree behind the dachshunds. The day was fun. No stress, just went to a few stores, had lunch at Red Robin and then they were still around at dinnertime, so off to El Chico we went! Mom and Dad came up today and I finished the rest of my shopping, almost. Presents are wrapped and under the tree. My apt is clean and bleachy smelling. Needless to say, I’m a bit tired.

No comments: