Monday, June 28, 2010

Battle of I-70

The second trip of the summer is now history...

Patty kept the pups. They generally enjoy their time with Aunt Patty and Uncle Jimmy, this past weekend was no disappointment to them.

I made my way North on 75 by way of West US 400 and 80 miles of countryside that I will hopefully never see again...

Friday night Greinke was pitching for the Royals. I'm assuming that LaRussa knew we were outmatched going up against the 2009 Cy Young award winning pitcher for the AL. So he played pretty much he second string. We lost, but Terry had a good time and since he was driving - well it worked out.

Saturday's game was a scorcher. LaRussa used the bullpen exclusively for the pitching staff - beginning with the starter. The rest of the team was the A-Team and we won!

The games were incredible. I won't go into the boring detail since you can always hop on over to mlb.com and get that for yourself.

The time spent with family was cherished. Terry has an incredible family. Three very active children, Scott, Macy and Morgan. There is never a dull moment at that house. I had the privilege of watching Scott play baseball. Louie and Aunt Ellen came also, and it was fun visiting in the 100 degree heat with them.

The weekend was too short.

Long days and pleasant nights.

No comments: