Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

I've been away too long...

This is a pretty emotional Mother's Day... and in honor of my Mom who has battled and overcome pretty tough odds.

Last mothers day we were a little somber. We were still reeling from the sudden death of Skylar. Mom had begun chemo for bladder cancer and we were all in shock.

What a year it has been. Mom endured the chemo very well. She never became ill and kept working throughout the whole process. Then Sept 15 her bladder was removed. Just days later her oncologist declared her cancer free!!!

The next battle was with her body accepting the fact that it needed to send the fluids out a different way. Patty placed more than 100,000 miles on her car between Sept 2009 and April 2010. I spent every weekend with my parents October thru December. Patty and I decided neither one of us will ever be a nurse for hire...

Now I can happily say that my Mom has faced and defeated the cancer. She is back living a full life almost like before. She and Dad have been smoke free since September 2009. The cancer is gone. Life is good.

Give your mom a hug every day and thank the Lord for your blessings.

Long days and pleasant nights to ye...

No comments: