Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dream Summer

After the last year my friend and I are really looking forward to a few months of total relaxation and fun.

For me it began Easter weekend with the Dellinger Tour of the South in Birmingham, AL... What a fun way to begin an epic journey through 2010.

Next on the list is a 5 day trip to Denver, CO. Three days will be work related, however, the trip begins with a couple of relaxing days with girlfriends in Colorado... Can't wait. The pups will get to spend that time on the farm with Nanna. Millie always totally enjoys the time with Nanna. She doesn't have to mind, gets to run everywhere over acres and acres of land. And the first thing Nanna does when Momma leaves is take off the harness.

Then just a couple weeks later the baseball begins. I know I'm getting my share of Double A at the new OneOK field (aka Driller's Stadium) but this year brings some magical baseball. All the stars seem to be aligning. My cousin called to let me know that in addition to the Saturday game we will see (KC vs St Louis) he has obtained tickets for Friday's game also! He wanted to know if that would be too much baseball. There is no such thing as too much baseball, especially if the Cardinals are involved.

Then the very next weekend it is the Texas Mecca...2010 Pilgrimage Home. For those of you that don't know, I am a disciple of the Great State of Texas. No, I will never give up my citizenship to Oklahoma. Primarily because if I were to move to the Great State of Texas I would discover that it has flaws. So, that being said, Jo and I will be spending some much needed R&R in the epicenter of the Dancehalls. On the agenda are... well we are Orange and Blue so honestly the agenda is wide open.

The summer's final (so far) trip is the best for me. A trip to Busch Stadium in St Louis. We will pretty much have full access to everywhere in the stadium... more on that in the future. My superstitious nature keeps me from talking about it too much...

So sit back and soak in the Summer of 2010... it is looking to be a ride full of fun and totally worth taking!

Long days and pleasant nights...

No comments: