Monday, August 24, 2009

weekend of gettin stuff done

Quick update...

Millie continues to get better. Her tail is actually looking good. We spent the weekend making sure she didn't miss a benedryl. In fact I actually set my alarm on the phone to make sure I didn't forget. The rough times were when she had to wear the flotation device because either the benedryl was wearing off or she had just been outside and was itching.

The vet suggested that I wipe her down everytime she comes in from going potty. This is a chore. But it is part of our routine now. She also suggested that Millie get a weekly bath in oatmeal shampoo. This is ok, except that she is supposed to sit in the bath for 5 minutes and let it soak in. The first of these 5 minute spa treatments was Saturday night. We were about 5 minutes into the soak when Oprah Mae decided she needed to be in the bathtub also. It was a very interesting 10 minutes.

Since I had forced myself to stay home and nurse my ailing dachshund... I found a peach salsa recipe and made it. OMG it is sooooo gooooood.

I also tacked and hemmed a blanket for myself. Not to mention getting some work done on Aunt B's quilt.

Had a fast dinner with my kids. They had the 2nd meeting with the priest. I asked how marriage class went - they both answered - it's pretty easy. lol They met Fr. Bob at his church in Sapulpa and Ryan saw a sign for Billy Simms BBQ - so we just had to go try it. My salad was good, Ryan said his pulled pork was decent - Nicole ate her sandwich so fast I'm not sure she even tasted it.

Long days and pleasant nights to ye...

1 comment:

Vicky Jo said...

What's wrong with Millie?