Friday, July 25, 2008

Two Things I Love...

...Jason Boland - Jason (the ghost of Waylon) is having some health issues. He has been working triple time the last six months on a new CD and keeping up his live appearances. He has a polyp on his right vocal chord. While it is treatable - he has been forced to cancel all performances until released by the doctor or it is potentially career ending. I blame myself. The last time they were at the station, I asked for a new CD - less than a year later they were in the studio. Jason, man, my thoughts are with you and I've been praying to every god I can think of to help you heal. In the meantime, he has released the first single off the new CD: Comal County Blue. It's really good... www.thestragglers.com

...the St. Louis Cardinals. They weren't expected to finish above last place this season. What a surprise they were the first half of the year. Seems more than just my prediction about the NL West is coming true. They woke up one morning and realized they were actually a good team, and well, have gone to hell in a handbasket. They have managed to lose 4 straight. That's not the bad part of this story. The really bad thing is it was 4 home games against the Brewers! That's only slightly less embarrassing than losing to a team in the NL West. Unless the pitching staff gets control and the bullpen stop walking so many people - even a Wild Card is out of the question.

Go then, there are other worlds than these...

No comments: