Friday, May 20, 2011

Life is like Baseball...

I knew in January that I was loved "too much."

Instead of dealing with it then I decided to keep living the lie. I convinced myself that if I loved him enough, he would love me in return.

What happened... he told me that I'm the most wonderful woman he has ever known. He feels comfortable with me and knows that I love him. He said the problem is that he cares for me too much and he knew he would only break my heart.

I never asked for anything more than he could give. I dreamed of a life with him. I went on falling deeper into love not realizing he was not going with me.

This isn't anyone's fault. It just happened. The timing of the broken heart wasn't the best. But then, as I told him in January, a broken heart hurts the same no matter when it happens.

Lesson learned is that I am still the same old me. A little wiser, hopefully. I always tend to land on my feet. My mom told me once that I have a guardian angel assigned just to me. I believe that very much. I've been pulled out of too many close calls for this to not be true.

I have very strong family values. My family has always come first. It saddens me that I'm left alone again. But, I am strong enough to overcome this part of my life. I still have a year of classes to complete, a loving family, a steady paycheck and wonderful friends.

This morning I realized that life is like baseball... in baseball there are two constants, a first and a last out - everything in between is what you make of it. In life, you are born and you die - make the best of the time you are given and the rewards will be there in the end.

long days and pleasant nights...

No comments: