Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Parents

When did Patty and I become the parents?

You are told your whole life (at least we were) that you have kids for only one reason... so you will have someone to make miserable when they hit middle age! =)

Dad is doing remarkably well. He is doing exercises on his own, walking more than riding in the wheelchair and eating healthy. He hasn't had a cigarette since Aug 31!

Mom's surgery went well. Dr. Confer says he is pleased with her so far. He has sent some tissue off for biopsy to make sure the cancer is gone. We will have the results by Friday. She is still in ICU and with a little luck will be in a regular room tomorrow.

Tuesday was a very interesting day. I had forgotten what a wonderful community I was raised in. At any time during the surgery we had at least 10 people sitting in the waiting room. The stories from mom's cousins and life-long friends were priceless. Actually I found out a couple of people I always thought of as relatives aren't blood relatives, but I'm not ready to drop the Uncle and/or Aunt from their names quite yet. =) Also, most of the time I was looking for some waders - Daddy, Ralph Wayne and Baby Joe - yes those are real names - were trying to best each other on stories. Mom is upset that she wasn't there to defend herself on the stories Patty and I repeated to her.

One last comment for the day. There would be pictures but I promised Momma that her face wouldn't be on tammieland like Daddy is. Actually she threatened that I would need a room in ICU if she found out I was taking pics of her and putting them online. hee hee...

Keep the prayers coming, we can really feel them.

Long days and pleasant nights...

No comments: